Date: (All year ‘round. Especially helpful at Christmas and other birthdays)
We shop with heart-smarts.
Before, during, and after gifting for any occasion, our “two-fer Method” doubles the delights of planning, giving, receiving, for no additional cost.
Two-fer Shoppers light up more smiles than the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree, on both sides of the sales counter and on the street.
One of our crusty ol’ friends, accustomed to ignoring happiness because that was easier than wanting it, discovered his first heart-smart Two-fer birthday gift recently. Grumbling good-naturedly at the almost empty box, he muttered his unmistakable delight in words we can’t quite repeat.
“The Other Guy” in the Two-fer deal put on his new warm sweater immediately, in a chilling, damp dawn on the street. He didn’t need words.
Christmas and Birthdays. One-on-one opportunities to stick a little new life into a tired world’s routines. Even the good routines. Surprise !
How You Can Help
- Take a second look at your shopping list.
- Does your brother really need that merino sweater you are thinking of giving him? Will he shiver with chills if he doesn’t get it?
- Go. Buy the sweater, anyway.
- When you get to the cashier, ask for 2 boxes instead of one, and plenty of tissue paper.
- Wrap the sweater, as you planned, in one box, with your handwritten note tied on top.
Wrap the other box, too. Put your handwritten note inside where it can rattle around
- To your Brother: “I found the most perfect sweater for you today. You would love it. I gave it to a homeless man in your honor [or to a recent immigrant unused to our weather]. Happy Birthday. Merry Christmas.” Put your note into the empty box, with tissue paper wrap.
- To the Homeless Man: “My brother and I hope this sweater will keep you a little warmer.”