Date: First Sunday in May
We merged our own 100 Miles-for-100 Kids Bike Ride into the NYC 5-Boro Bike Ride years ago. We have a team of 60, including Joelle, who started our Tour de Joelle when she was age 14. She rode solo 100 miles in the Adirondack Mountains and the Champlain Valley from Ticonderoga on Lake Champlain to Albany, to raise awareness and funds for YES! Kids.
A core crew of family and friends (most of them, volunteer firefighters) from Ticonderoga now lead the expanded YES!Team to bring our teens in Boys Hope Girls Hope the thrill that only this kind of commitment can produce.
We partner with Sports Angels to raise funds for a summer basketball camp for 9-10 year olds in steamy NYC neighborhoods where there is little but fidgety boredom when the only adult in the household is at work and there’s no school for distraction, no games, and all the playgrounds are dominated by the big kids.
How You Can Help
- Ride a bike. Lend a bike. Donate a bike.
- Sponsor one of our Under-18s from Boys Hope Girls Hope who can only join the fun if they are companioned all the way by an adult sponsor.
- Persuade some of your family and friends to do the same.
- Cover registration fees and uniforms and other team-related costs for yourself and your sponsored teen.
- Invite your friends and co-workers to sponsor you and your teen @ $1 per mile (or more) for 40 miles.
- Share laughs, encouragement, sweat, and accomplishment with a teen for whom you might be the first adult with whom they’ve ever been able to share this kind of challenge and exertion for a cause.